Interview with Pirates Prospect Rinku Singh (Audio)

I did a phone interview with Pirates prospect Rinku Singh for TribLIVE Radio. If you don't know Rinku's story, I'd suggest you read up on him. Here's his wikipedia page with the story on it (the information there is good I promise).

Basically, Rinku Singh won a baseball throwing contest in India in 2008 without knowing anything about the game of baseball. He then came over to throw in front of scouts and the Pirates ended up offering a contract, which he accepted. Everyone just saw it as a move to possibly open up a new market for finding talent, and nobody actually expected him to find much success. However, Rinku has proven all the doubters wrong to this point, as he has been one of the Pirates best relief arms in the system this year. It's a truly remarkable story, and I was very excited to have my chance to talk to him. From what I gathered, he has a remarkable personality and mindset and has his head in the right places. You can listen to the interview below: