The Very Morally Sound Pittsburgh Pirates

News broke today that Starlin Castro has been accused of sexual assault. That made me happy to be a fan and writer for the Pittsburgh Pirates. You know why? Because when was the last time you heard a Pirate player, coach, or anyone affiliated with the team in the news for the wrong reasons?

This post is coming off the top of my head, but I can't think of anything of this sort happening to the Pirates. Sure, Jose Tabata was kind of in the news when his 40+ year old wife was caught kidnapping a baby, but that's not really his fault (although it's pretty strange that he was married to someone more than 20 years older than him). As far as I can remember, the Pittsburgh Pirates have behaved very well in my lifetime.

What you rather have? A team that wins with a couple criminals on it? Or a team that loses 19 straight years and has a bunch of good, law-abiding citizens?

Okay, you'd probably take the good team, but at least we don't have the worst of both worlds here.

I'm just trying to be positive, you know?