Another Step Closer

As I correctly predicted months ago, the NFL season came to an end tonight. The New York Giants once again beat the New England Patriots 21-17 and grabbed another World Championship (even though they only beat American teams, but that's another issue entirely).

Football ending means baseball is about to get a lot more attention. Other people keep telling me there are two other major sports still going on right now, but I don't know what those people are talking about.

As far as I'm concerned, the sports world is completely dead for the next two weeks while we wait for pitchers and catchers to report. After that, it's baseball baseball baseball until the end of October.

Now I'm a college student in my Junior year. I also play a varsity sport (well if you want to consider tennis a sport). Both of those things take a backseat to my coverage of the Pittsburgh Pirates. That's especially true this year, I'm really going for it in 2012.

As you may know, I have a relationship with the guys at TribLIVE Radio. I did weekly Pirates talk with them last summer, and we're ramping it up even more this year. As long as some other things fall into place, I will be doing a pre-game and post-game shows on weekdays for the Pirates with TribLIVE during the regular season. That means I will have be a credentialed member of the media covering the Pirates this summer. Obviously, this blog is not associated with TribLIVE so I can't use any of the information I get with the credential on here. However, I'll be most all of the Pirates home games and I'll be in the press box with a laptop, giving you all the Pirates information you'll need, and then some.

Pre-game notes, in-game updates, live chats, post-game notes, pitcher pitch F/X, recaps, quotes, links to audio and video from interviews, and much more. All that is going to be right here on The "Mc" Effect.

Another thing I now have going is the Pirate Round Table Podcast, which is looking to be a weekly thing that's going to be on iTunes for your listening convenience.

Another thing: I'm going to be looking for another writer or two. I did this last year and got a few posts out of the guy I picked, but I haven't heard from him in months, so I'm going to looking again. The main thing I want a writer for is game recaps. I'd like to have a recap for every game up here, but I just can't handle that by myself. If you can add more insightful baseball knowledge, that's even better. If you're interested, shoot me an e-mail.

Baseball season is right around the corner, and it's going to be one heck of a season. Stay tuned, Pittsburgh.