This Is Getting McRidiculous

The Pirates have traded Jose Veras for Casey McGehee. You cannot make this crap up.

I'm pretty sure Neal Huntington is my biggest fan or something. As if having four Mc's on the team wasn't ridiculous enough, he has gone out and acquired two more this offseason. Andrew McCutchen, Nate McLouth, Daniel McCutchen, Michael McKenry, James McDonald, and now Casey McGehee. Seriously, this is getting scary.

As I type I am being swarmed with ridiculous McPuns on Twitter. When I came up with this idea there was only McCutchen and McLouth, and since then the Pirates have gone absolutely crazy adding every McPlayer they could to the roster.

There are 17 players in Major League Baseball that have last names that start with the letters "M-C". Six of those 17 players are now on the Pittsburgh Pirates. I should be on a PBS special or something.

Normally I'm very logical and statistical about baseball moves, and that will come later. For now, please excuse me while I revel in my mistaken genius.