Ugly

I didn't watch the game today, but I did look at the box score on my phone for a few seconds before dropping the device out of disgust.

This was one of those games that makes you shake your head and wonder how this team was ever competitive. I'm not going to go back to the box score to give you specifics, but it was a terribly ugly performance, reminiscent of the 20-0 spanking the Brewers put on us last year.

Brad Lincoln had looked good at times this year but pretty much gave all that positivity back today. Again, not looking at the box score at all but I think he gave up like 7 runs in less than 2 innings. I don't care who you play, that is terrible.


I guess it was a good day for the offense not to show up, but it would have been nice for there to be some positive today. Not that any of this matters anymore, right now we're at the spot where we almost want to lose to move up the draft board. Although the Cubs are now just a game behind us and we are in serious danger of finishing 5th in the division this year instead of the 4th place we thought we had locked up. The Astros have 100 losses already, so we don't have to worry about finishing last again.

Until tomorrow.