One More Game

The Pirates lost another slugfest tonight with the Brewers. Wins and losses hasn't meant anything for a long time, and now it's time to focus on the fact that the Pirates season will be over by tomorrow.

The Pirates have been pathetic for pretty much as long as I have been alive, so success has nothing to do with why I love the Pirates. That makes these last games painful. The offseason seems like an eternity every year as we wait for baseball to come back. The playoffs give us a distraction for awhile and the NFL season does it for some, but it's not enough for me.

When the season ends, I don't enjoy life as much. I am far from being dependent on baseball to make me happy, I have a full and enjoyable life, but I wish the Pirates season never ended. Maybe they could take a month off or something just to give me a short break from the demands of writing and keeping up with the blog, but after that I'd be yearning for games to start again.

Every losing Pirates season gives us anxiety for the next one. The 0-0 record gives us hope that things can change. However, starting Thursday, we have a gruesome 6 month wait until Pirates baseball is back. There is more positives to look back on this year than ever, but this season sure hasn't finished on a very positive note.

There will be much to talk about during the offseason, and the blog will still be updated as regularly as possible, but I will greatly miss baseball season. I'll be watching intently tomorrow night as I get my final taste of Pirates baseball until next spring. Sad days.