Things Not Looking Good For Doumit

It looks like Ryan Doumit has absolutely no desire to play baseball for the Pittsburgh Pirates next year, and really, why should he? He's been ripped to shreds seemingly every year he's been here and outside of the magical first-half run the Pirates had (which he was hardly a part of because of injury), he's never had any real hope of winning here.

Why do I say this? Well, Pirates beatwriter Rob Biertempfel tweeted this earlier in the week. Doumit says his chances of playing for the Pirates next year are "slim". That's the most honest I've ever heard a player be about that type of thing. Normally, you would just hear the old "well we'll see what happens, I love this organization and I can see myself here for the future..." BS answer, but Doumit tells it like it is.

I'm sure the guy is fed up with playing here. He was visibly upset in 2008 when his buddies Jack Wilson, Freddy Sanchez, and the rest of 'em were shipped out of here while he had to stay and endure the painful 2009 and 2010 seasons.

Doumit has every reason to want to leave Pittsburgh, and he's not going to mess around, telling us lies to give us hope that he'll stay. I know that not everyone is with me saying that they want him to stay, but I think more people like him now than ever before.

I still hope Doumit stays, but I realize it's not going to happen. I hope he finds a new team and finds success somewhere else, the guy deserves it.