Contributors Wanted

The Pittsburgh Pirates have had lots of success in 2011. Subsequently, so has The "Mc" Effect. It's been a great summer of covering and watching the Pirates, and it's time for me to step my game up a little bit.

I'm looking for another writer for the blog. If you're a consistent reader of mine, you know that I really don't like to do recaps/previews of games and stuff. I just don't really have the time for them and I'd rather spend my time writing things that you can't get at every other Pirates site. However, I think it would help the site and be better for the readers if I did have recaps/previews up for all the games. I really don't have the time to do it myself, so I'm asking for another writer, or maybe two.

If you are interested, please e-mail Jon2Anderson@comcast.net with a sample of your writing, and just some basic information about yourself. My biggest concern is grammar and writing skill. I will be asking you to write recaps and previews as often as you can and it's a bonus if you can do more in depth writing too. Having deep baseball knowledge isn't a must, but it's a big plus. I would definitely like to have 2-3 posts up here a day, and have at least one of them be something you couldn't read elsewhere.

I will collect "applications" for a week or less then contact whomever I choose. Thanks for caring, Pittsburgh!