Yankees Lose

So my two favorite playoff teams, the Rays and Diamondbacks both have two losses in their series. That's frustrating. It's even more frustrating that the Diamondbacks have been losing to the Brewers, who I lose more and more respect for every passing day. I don't have any issue with the Rangers, but I really like the Rays, so it hasn't been a great postseason thus far in my eyes.

However, there is some good news. The Yankees are now one loss from being eliminated. The Detroit Tigers have played some good baseball and won a couple of tight games the last two nights. That makes me happy.

I would never call myself a Tigers fan, but there's no reason for me to dislike them, and any team that knocks the Yankees out of the playoffs is a likable team in my book.

If both the Rays and Diamondbacks get knocked out in the next few days, I'm not going to be very interested in the postseason anymore, but the Tigers could help salvage some happiness for me by knocking out the Yankees.