The Altoona McCurve

About 2 years ago I came up with this "Mc" Effect idea. If you don't know, it came from the names of Nate McLouth and Andrew McCutchen. But now, the Pirates have added guys like James McDonald, Daniel McCutchen, and Mike McKenry to the big league roster and my idea seems to have turned into pure genius.

The McNess doesn't stop in the big leagues. The double-A affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates has some McPlayers too. Kyle McPherson and Matt McSwain are both pitchers for the Altoona Curve, and they combined for 8 scoreless innings in tonight's game. Check out this tweet from the official Twitter account of the Altoona Curve:

People are picking up on my genius, and they aren't giving me credit for it. Ridiculous. This comes less than a week after Pirates.com swiped my McIdea:


Someday I'll be McFamous, and the joke will be on you, Pirates organization.