About Me

Sup. I'm Jon Anderson; that's me smiling over there on the left. I'm a student at Waynesburg University studying Computer Science and Communications and I'm on track to graduate in the spring of 2013. I started this blog at the beginning of the 2009 season on mlblogs.com, and I honestly didn't expect it to last very long. However, I got into it and got some readers, and the inspiration came. In December of 2009, I switched over to my own domain name and created the site you see right now. The inspiration started with Nate McLouth and Andrew McCutchen when they were both in the system, and now the blog name has been strengthened by the additions and contributions of James McDonald, Michael McKenry, and Casey McGehee. Basically, I just try to offer Pirates analysis and insight that you don't get anywhere else. I do a bunch of sabermetric stuff and try to stay away from the every day news reporting and recapping. The "Mc" Effect is always looking for new ideas and external writings, so feel free to contact me with suggestions or anything you would like. Oh, and follow me on twitter.

Twitter: @JonPGH
E-mail: Jon2Anderson@comcast.net