My Top Ten Favorite "Mc's"

As you can probably tell, I really enjoy it when the letters 'M' and 'C' are put together at the beginning of a word, especially a surname. In fact, I've even considered changing my name to Jon McAnderson. No, that's a joke. Anyways, in honor of #McTwitterWeek, I am posting my top 10 favorite athletes with an "Mc" at the beginning of their last name. Let's go.
#10 Deuce McAllister

The long time running back for the New Orleans Saints. He barely made this list. In fact, I'm surprised he did. In 2007, I used a first round fantasy football draft pick on McAllister. Deuce played 3 games and rushed for 92 yards, and then missed the rest of the season with an injury. My fantasy team went on to finish 3-11. Thanks Deuce. Despite that, I still have some love for the guy.

#9 Brian McCabe

Another fantasy story here. If you know me well at all, you'll know that I don't get into hockey much at all. However, I do play fantasy hockey. I think it was 2 years ago that I drafted McCabe and he tore it up and helped me win my league's championship. That's good enough for me.

#8 Darren McFadden

Last year I drafted Run-DMC in fantasy football and traded him before the season started, he went on to rush for 1,157 yards and the team I traded him to won the league championship. I'll never doubt you again Darren, come over sometime for a barbecue? Cool.

#7 Quentin McCracken

I hardly remember McCracken being in the majors, but he has one of the coolest names of all time. Go 'head Quentin.

#6 Dexter McCluster

Another just straight pimp name. Who doesn't like a guy named Dexter? McCluster went big for the Chiefs this year and helped his team win their division. He's also one of my best friends.

#5 Nate McLouth

Three years ago McLouth would have been an easy number 1 on this list. He was 50% of the inspiration for my blog name, but he's fallen quite a bit since he was traded to Atlanta. I wasn't upset at all when they traded him because it gave the Pirates a chance to bring up McCutchen, and I didn't think McLouth was that great anyways. He's proven me to be right, and has struggled in Atlanta since the trade. Plus, the trade brought Charlie Morton here; everything is great. McLouth will continue to be one of my favorite baseball players, and certainly one of my favorite Mc's. Keep your tips up Nate.

#4 Brandon McAnderson

I doubt any of my readers have heard of this guy. One thing you may not know about me is that I'm a huge Kansas Jayhawks fan. Brandon McAnderson was a Kansas running back when they won the Orange Bowl in 2008. He was an absolute tank. Plus, he has my last name in his last name, preceded by a "Mc", he could be a Milwaukee Brewer and I'd still like him.

#3 James McDonald

J-Mac was a lock, but you may be surprised to see him as only the #3 here. I was very excited seeing McDonald pitch as well he did last year after we brought him, but he's struggled a little bit this year. He's looked good recently and I still expect big things from him. He'll have to be around for a little bit longer to earn a spot in the top 2 though.

#2 Pat McAfee

The Colts punter and former West Virginia Mountaineer. McAfee is a real tool bag. He's probably most well known for his arrest last year after he went swimming in a canal, while inebriated (check out that word). However, I like him because we both grew up in Plum Borough, Pennsylvania. If R.J. Umberger's name was McUmberger, he'd be on this list too. Plum pride baby!

#1 Andrew McCutchen

I mean this one was obvious. The Pirates best player and our biggest hope for the future, how could I not love McCutchen? Just look at my blog picture. I'm a genius, and he's real good at baseball. We're the perfect fit.