Back into it

So it's been since October of 2012 that I was serious about blogging/writing about the Pittsburgh Pirates. Throughout the 2013 season I can't say I missed it, it was a refreshing year off, especially with me graduating from college and trying to get my life figured out and whatnot. Apparently I picked a pretty bad season to skip out on - I heard the Pirates made the playoffs or something last year. Regardless, I'm almost sure that I want to get back into it now. I still don't have my life figured out, but I have a full time job downtown and still have a good amount of free time, and frankly I'm attention starved. So let's talk about the Pirates again.

I can't promise that the blog is going to get back to its former glory days (if it ever even had glory days), I wouldn't expect many game recaps or news reports or anything like that. Why you want those things from a non professional blog is beyond me anyways, that's information you can literally get anywhere. I'm also not trying to make a career out of this anymore, so it's going to be significantly less formal and significantly more edgy. I think that'll help it. Basically I just want to provide some insight, intelligent or not, that's original and interesting. I'm also not going to care if you yell at me, so feel free to do that.

Baseball is just too good of a thing for me to stay away from for too long. I think it'll be a fun summer. Posts coming soon.

Oh, and just ignore the blog header for now. The McEffect brand isn't going away, even though there really is only one significant Mc left on the team. I'll fix all the visuals later.

Also, if anybody wants to help, I'm still all about contributing writers. And if anybody knows why mceffect.com is unavailable for purchase or how I could get that back, let me know. I'm on twitter at @JonPGH.