Weighing Interest

The World Series starts tomorrow night, and the Pirates are not in it. To be honest, this is the least interest I have had in the baseball playoffs in years. There's no doubt in my mind that the Pirates collapse had everything to do with that.

I haven't been writing on here or tweeting about baseball since August, and I'm sure nobody has really missed either of those things just because of how disgusting this season turned out to be.

But how long will it take us to get back into it? It's always nice to take a month or two off at the end of a long season to try and think about other things, but I'm usually antsy to talk baseball again by December. I'm not sure if that's going to be true again this year. To be honest I have no desire at all to think about what the Pirates should or shouldn't do this offseason, and I'm hoping that that desire comes back. The blog and Twitter have made the past three years of my life a lot of fun, and I don't want it to end even as I move on from college and head into the real world next year. Only time will tell where I'll be come this summer, but for now I'm just hoping for one more offseason of good-hearted speculation and prediction as we all look forward to another 0-0 record.

So where is your interest level at? Are you going to be following the offseason and winter meetings as closely this year? Will you care more? Less? The same? let me know below, and I promise to start writing here more frequently, although it might be more emotional and philosophical than in previous years.