Pedro Fever

"Well, when I came home from school my head started to get really hot. So I drank some cold water, but it didn't do nothing. So I laid in the bathtub for a while, but then I realized that it was my hair that was making my head hot. So I went into my kitchen and I shaved it all off. I don't want anyone to see."


As far as I'm concerned, a new season starts tomorrow. Ignore everything else that has happened this year, and start paying attention tomorrow. Pedro Alvarez is making his big league debut tomorrow night. Pedro could be the best player to put on a Pirate uniform since Barry Bonds. I'll be starting a new spreadsheet tomorrow that is going to track the change in the Pirates offense after the promotion, so that will be interesting to see.

The bad news is that Pedro has been struggling the last couple days at AAA. He is 0 for his last 14 and has struck out quite a bit. This might be due to some nerves and speculation about his call up that is taking some focus away, so I'm not real worried, but don't be surprised if he doesn't do much his first couple games. But also don't be surprised if he whacks one into the Allegheny tomorrow. It's gonna be a fun thing to see regardless. Let's Go Bucs.